What: "The Little Car Show" 2019 ( Our 10th Annual )
1. All marques from all countries may be accepted this year. We'll accept a total of 125 vehicles 25 years and older. That means this year we will accept model year 1994 and older, micro, mini and arcane vehicles with no greater than 1,601cc displacement engines or electric powered vehicles. We also have a "Special Interest" category and may allow limited production, home built and custom or modified vehicles that meet the general rules and intent of the show.
2. Entries will be submitted to our selection committee for review on a first come first served basis.
3. Proof of insurance will be required for all operational licensed vehicles. Completing our waiver of liability will be required of all entrants.
4. Registration will be closed when 125 vehicles have registered or June 30th, whichever occurs first.
5. Check-in time for pre-registered participants will be 10am to noon on show day. "Drop-in" entries will only be processed on show day after check-in time.
Where: On Lighthouse Avenue, in downtown Pacific Grove, between Fountain and 17th Street.
Surrounded by beautiful beaches, the Victorian-era city of Pacific Grove is located at the tip of the Monterey Peninsula, between Monterey and Pebble Beach, only a few minutes from Carmel. Life magazine named Pacific Grove "Most Romantic City in the United States." VIA selected Pacific Grove as that magazine's "Best Seaside Sanctuary," Coastal Living dubbed it "A Dreamy California Destination" and Monterey County Weekly calls PG the area's "Best Wedding Location."
When: August 14th, 2019.
Setup starting at 11am. Show times, noon to 5pm. Followed by a tour/parade around Pacific Grove's scenic waterfront and beaches beginning at Lover's Point and following Ocean View Boulevard to Asilomar.
There will be a small entrant fee of $50.00 required after your vehicle has been accepted by our selection committee.
Click on the "Registration Banner" located at the top of every page to review all the rules and submit your vehicle application.
Marina Motorsports, Inc. a 501c(3) non profit has completely funded the previous 9 shows. All entry donations and proceeds from shirt, book and video sales will go to the Pacific Grove Public Library, Pacific Grove Youth Center and the Veterans' Transition Center.
We need all entrant applications as early as possible in order to reserve enough parking space on Lighthouse Avenue. Cut off for registration will be when our selection committee receives 125 acceptable applications or June 30th, whichever occurs first. The entry fee will increase to $75.00 if there is still room after June 30th.
Many of the vehicles entered will be posted on our Gallery page.
Each entrant will receive a "swag" bag with dash plaque and coupons and other goodies from local merchants.
The Little Car Show Categories of Vehicles
- 1,000cc and under
- sports vehicles
- other vehicles
- 1,001cc up to 1,601cc
- sports vehicles
- other vehicles
- electric vehicles
- special interest vehicles
- owner built vehicles
- Most Smiles per Mile Vehicle
- Pacific Grove Library's Choice
- Pacific Grove Youth Center's Choice
- Pacific Grove City Council's Choice
- Mayor's Choice
- Veteran's Choice
- Dare to be Different Award
- Most Interesting Electric
- Most Interesting Special Interest
- Most Interesting Owner Built
- Peers' Choice
- Awards from various merchants
Past Trophy Presenters
Reverend Paul Woudenberg
Our first year's show trophies were presented by the Reverend Paul Woudenberg. A frequent writer for automotive journals, he is the author of six books, including ones on Aston Martin, Lincoln, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, and Ford, selling over 100,000 copies to date. He was the announcer at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance for twenty-six years.
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance judge and renown automobile collector was on hand for the next two years to present trophies to the class winners.
Barry Meguiar of Meguiar's Car Care Products and host of "Car Crazy Central" on cable TV's Velocity channel presented trophies in 2013.
Host of the internet talk show on the go, "5 Minute Drive" at http://fireballtim.com/, presented trophies in 2014.
Salinas International Air Show announcer & meteorologist presented trophies in 2015, 2016 & 2017